Fines And Other Enforcement Actions Against Insurers And Agents
· State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. and State Farm Fire and Casualty Co., Bloomington, Ill.: Fined $50,000.
· Bituminous Casualty Corp., Rock Island, Ill.: Fined $40,000.
· Hartford Insurance Co. of the Midwest, Hartford, Conn.: Fined $30,000.
· Sentinel Insurance Co., Hartford, Conn.: Fined $30,000.
· Markel Insurance Co., Deerfield, Ill.: Fined $20,000.
· National Interstate Insurance Co., Richfield, Ohio: Fined $20,000.
· Premera Blue Cross, Mountlake Terrace, Wash.: Fined $20,000. (Two cases)
· Unitrin Auto and Home Insurance Co., Dewitt, NY: Fined $15,000.
· Premier Marine Insurance Managers Group USA Inc., Seattle: Fined $14,050.
· Farmers Insurance Co. of Washington (Mercer Island) and Farmers Insurance Exchange (Los Angeles, Calif.): Fined $10,000.
· American National General Insurance Co., Springfield, Mo.: Fined $10,000.
· Old Republic Title, Ltd., Lynnwood: Fined $8,000.
· Fidelity and Guaranty Life Insurance Co., Baltimore, Md.: Fined $7,500.
· Interstate National Dealer Services Inc., Dover, Del.: Fined $5,000.
· State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co., Bloomington, Ill.: Fined $5,000.
· Sentinel Security Life Insurance Co., Salt Lake City, Utah: Fined $3,500.
· Kitsap Health Plans, Bremerton: Fined $2,500.
· Casey Bail Co., Bremerton: Fined $2,000.
· American Fire and Casualty Co., The Ohio Casualty Insurance Co., Ohio Security Insurance Co. (all of Fairfield, Ohio) and West American Insurance Co. (Indianapolis, Ind.): Fined $1,250.
· Hudson Insurance Co., Wilmington, Del.: Fined $1,250.
· Old Republic National Title Insurance Co., Minneapolis, Minn.: Fined $1,000.
· Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Portland, Ore.: Fined $1,000.
· Stonington Insurance Co., Plano, Texas: Fined $1,000.
· Washington Casualty Co., Maple Valley: Fined $1,000.
· Professionals Direct Insurance Co., Grand Rapids, Mich.: Fined $750.
Agents and brokers whose licenses were revoked:
· Joosung K. Cho (Bellevue)
· Marquette Cook (Renton)
· Stephanie K. Dahl (Woodinville)
· Theresa Duncan (Chehalis)
· Francisco Javier-Aroche (Oregon and Mexico)
· Steven J. Junker (N. Las Vegas, Nev.)
· Vanessa J. Mack (Snohomish)
· Erik M. Pearson (Spokane)
· Nicky J. Root (Jeffersonville, Ind.)
· Herbert M. Saunders Jr. (Kent)
· Sarah S. Williams (Lacey)
Agents and brokers fined:
· Joseph A. Sturges, Boise, Idaho: Fined $5,000.
· Marcie K. Ohlinger, Seattle: Fined $2,500.
· Vargus and Associates, Tacoma: Fined $2,000.
· Edward J. Chadwick, Yakima: Fined $1,000.
· Marion K. Parham, Bothell: Fined $1,000.
· Sean Michael Joyner, Mukilteo: Fined $750.
· QuickQuote Financial, Inc. and Timothy S. Bain, Reno, Nev.: Fined $750.
· Joseph C. Betts, Bellevue: Fined $500.
· Michael T. Carlton, Lynnwood: Fined $500.
· Arthur Cervantes, Tukwila: Fined $500.
· Frank P. Hartman, Bensalem, Penn.: Fined $500.
· Kevin J. Lawrence, Floral Park, NY: Fined $500.
· Premier Insurance and Associates, Vancouver: Fined $500.
· Igor V. Slobodyan, Tacoma: Fined $500.
· Carol A. Thornhill, New York, NY: Fined $500.
· Nick J. Turner, Marysville: Fined $500.
· Ana Celestino, Pasco: Fined $250.
· Stacey A. Odem, Bothell: Fined $250.
Orders and details about each of these cases are posted online at www.insurance.wa.gov/orders/enforcement.asp.
The fines collected do not go to the agency. They are deposited in the state's general fund to pay for other state services.